Summer is already coming in Sicily! Is there something better than a delicious home made ice-cream? Here the easy recipe of the Country ice-cream.
- 900 gr (4½ cups) sugar
- 150 gr (6 oz) whole almonds
- 75 gr (1/2 cup) almond flour
- 75 gr (2½ oz) whole pistachios
- 80 gr (3 oz) diced candied fruit
- 120gr (1/2 cup) water
- Natural colourings as preferred (green, pink, brown)
Pour the water and sugar into a saucepan and heat to a temperature of 70 °C (160 °F).
Add the dried fruit and almond flour, mix well, then add the candied fruit and remove from heat.
Divide the mixture into equal parts and colour separately, stirring vigorously.
In a single rectangular mould place the different colours of mixture and leave in a refrigerator overnight.
Tip put and cut into slices like ice cream.